Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Paper Pen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Academy. 2013. We're so cool everyone. :)

HelloThere

Day 5. Counting Time

Sophie
    Sophie

Awesome Level : 0

Day 5. Counting Time Empty Day 5. Counting Time

Post by Sophie September 7th 2011, 11:29 pm

“Only a heart.”
    “That... is impossible, isn’t it? Where are we supposed to find a donor?”
    “The Legrandia family’s paying for the surgery!”
    “Tell the Legrandia family that all their money in the world can’t convince a blood type O donor to give up their heart!”

Laeli listened to the flustered doctors argue outside her door with an amused expression. Her surgeries had been progressing well, but apparently, she still needed just one more transplant.
    Her father would be furious.
    Laeli almost wanted to see the expression that he would wear when the doctor finally admit that they couldn’t complete her operations.

Well, she had five days left to live. So, maybe the doctors would get lucky.

Five days left... would mean she had been in the hospital for fourteen days. It had only been fourteen days, but somehow, Laeli felt that her time in the hospital had spanned a lifetime.

Fourteen days.
    Had it really only been fourteen days?

Thirteen days since her first meeting with Matt.
    Twelve days since her first conversation.
    Nine days since their first fight...

But, how many days had it been since she realized that her one friend was...

Matt sighed in his feverish sleep, ruffling the blankets a little. The movement was proof that he was still alive. Laeli couldn’t help but admire the way that Matt could still remain so overbearingly positive, even when he was so far gone. She thought back to a conversation they had, mere hours ago.

“H-hehe! This... nothing. This is nothing! I... I’ll be better in... in no time.”

You’re lying.
    Laeli frowned.
    She could see it. She could see the fear, the anger, the sadness, all swirling around behind his blue eyes. Even while he was progressively getting weaker, the blue in his eyes was still that bright, intense color. That sad color.

“Laeli?” He opened his eyes, staring at Laeli with a half-awake expression.
    “Ah! You should rest.”
    “Nah... you...you looked so sad...”
    “Hm? I’m not sad.”
    “Then why... why are you...”
    “I’m fine, Matt. Worry about yourself once in awhile.” She smiled, but quickly turned her eyes away from Matt’s. Suddenly, an incredible wave of guilt washed over her. Why wasn’t she in the same state as Matt? Why... why were all of her surgeries progressing marvelously, while Matt was withering away?

“Promise me...something.”
    “What?”
    “Look after Silai... when I’m gone.”
    “Don’t say it like you’ll be gone for sure. Look after Silai on your own.”
    “Silai...” He paused. The uneasy silence filled the room again. Then, in a voice as quiet as a whisper, “Who’s Silai?”

She shut her eyes tightly to keep the sudden gust of emotion from escaping.

“Silai is your sister, Matt.”

There was no response.

So ended day 5.
    Sophie
    Sophie

Awesome Level : 0

Day 5. Counting Time Empty Re: Day 5. Counting Time

Post by Sophie September 14th 2011, 7:24 pm

bump! To put this in the correct order~

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 8:12 pm