Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Paper Pen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Academy. 2013. We're so cool everyone. :)

HelloThere

2 posters

Day 8. Welcome Back

Sophie
    Sophie

Awesome Level : 0

Day 8. Welcome Back Empty Day 8. Welcome Back

Post by Sophie August 13th 2011, 5:24 pm

She could hear the telltale squeaks of a wheelchair coming closer.

“Matt!” Laeli paused, clearing her throat and regaining her composure. “W-welcome back.”

Her almost-smile faded when she saw Matt face appear in the doorway. He looked so worn out, and so tired. With an almost sickening feeling of happiness, Laeli realized that he hadn’t been called out for his discharge.

Shameful. Being happy for someone else’s misfortune.

“I...I’m back~” Matt cheered weakly, as if summoning up all his strength just to say those words. “It’s... it’s nice to be back in this rock hard hospital bed.”

The nurse seemed ready to help Matt get into bed, but he pushed her hands away. He whispered something to the nurse, who the nodded slowly and smiled at Laeli.
    “He’s had a long day. Matt might be a little shaky for a while, but don’t worry, he’s fine.”
    “Alright...”

Laeli was suspicious, but she decided not to ask too many questions. The nurse left after a while, casting worried glances over at her patient. Matt looked worn out, and was panting slightly after he got into the bed. It was as if the mere switch from the wheelchair to the bed had already taken all of his energy. She waited a full two minutes for his breathing to get back to normal, before attempting to start a conversation.

“I had a discussion with the doctor yesterday while you were gone.”

Silence. Matt turned to face Laeli as she talked, but his eyes were unfocused, even though they were looking straight at her.

“Matt?”
    “Hmm?” He suddenly snapped back to reality. “Oh, yes! The doctor... What happened?”
    “He said that they’re developing a new method to replace organs or something.” She laughed sarcastically. “I might actually live.”
    There was a pause, and a complicated range of emotions flew across Matt’s face. Finally, he smiled in his usual warm way.
    “Wow! That’s... that’s amazing.”
    “In a way... Hey, do you remember the time we talked about snow?”
    “Snow...?”

Matt turned to stare at her, as if unable to comprehend the question. For a dreadful moment, all was quiet. Suddenly, a light flickered in his eyes. Matt looked down to hide his expression for a brief second, then looked up, this time all smiles.

“Y-yeah! I remember. I called it glitter in the air, right?”
    “Yes...” Laeli cast him another suspicious glance, “Well, I’ve decided what I’m going to do if I leave this place.”
    “Really?”
    “I’m going to live in a cold place with lots of snow. If you can, would you like to come with me?”
    “E-eh? T-that’s sounds awfully like a... uh...”
    “A...?”
    “Nothing! Yes. Definitely. I would definitely like to go with you. So... ah, we've got to get out of this place soon, hm?"
    "Yes. You'll definitely leave with me?"
    "Of course!"

It was a lie.
    Matt was lying to her, Laeli could tell from the too happy way he smiled, and the way he paused between his words. But, Laeli decided to play the fool, and pretend that she didn't suspect anything. She wanted the happy atmosphere to stay, for as long as it could.

So ended day 8.

Last edited by Sophie on August 20th 2011, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iKevinly
    iKevinly
    Smiley War
    Smiley War

Awesome Level : 2

Day 8. Welcome Back Empty Re: Day 8. Welcome Back

Post by iKevinly August 14th 2011, 12:52 am

Day 8. Welcome Back 2125695552 WHY IS LAELI SUDDENLY SO NAIVE YOU LITTLE !)#%(*!#)(%* AND THAT CURSE WAS TO LAELI

D:

Also,
    I've decided that my boyfriend will be someone as unselfish as Matt.
    :) YES!
    Sophie
    Sophie

Awesome Level : 0

Post by Sophie August 14th 2011, 1:14 am

Laeli was naive? Could you explain a bit more so I can reword some of the words then? :)
    iKevinly
    iKevinly
    Smiley War
    Smiley War

Awesome Level : 2

Post by iKevinly August 14th 2011, 1:46 am

NO.

I'm not going to because I think you change your stances on your story too often :) If this is how you like her, keep it this way!

I just thought that in the first chapter of this, Laeli seemed really smart and can read people very well. I just thought it a shame really that she's changing into something that's not like that.
    Don't get me wrong, however. When I say shame, I mean I feel and possibly understand why Laeli wouldn't change like this )perhaps her illness( :)

Hopefully that made sense :x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 6:04 am