Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paper Pen

Welcome to Paper Pen!

Whether you're here to procrastinate, or here to study, we hope that you'll have a great time here. This forum is geared towards the class of 2013 at IAE, and hopefully will be helpful to the poor juniors as they trek through their hardest year of high school.<br>Thank you for being a part of this forum and helping it grow.<br>2013 GO!

Paper Pen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Academy. 2013. We're so cool everyone. :)

HelloThere

3 posters

Day 6. Haze

Sophie
    Sophie

Awesome Level : 0

Day 6. Haze Empty Day 6. Haze

Post by Sophie August 21st 2011, 12:59 am

A gentle melody wafted across the room, brushing across Laeli’s face. She opened her eyes, but kept completely still to see if she could hear more of the notes. The music was so faint, it was almost imperceptible.

“Ah, you’re...awake.”

An equally quiet voice whispered. Matt was laying down in his bed with his eyes closed. From her point of view, it looked almost as if he was asleep.

“Yeah. What’s going on?”
    “Hmm?”
    “The music?”
    “Oh... dunno...some nurse I... I think.”

Her words sounded so harsh and loud compared to Matt’s whispers. Ironic, as Laeli often thought herself as the quiet side of the duo.

“Are you okay?”
    “Hn.” He made some sort of noise, his eyes still closed.
    “What is that supposed to mean?”
    “F-fine.”
    “Can’t you sit up?”

There was no reply.
    Laeli waited, but the room stayed silent save for the faint melody in the background. She sighed. What was wrong with her roommate? Would he dy...
    Laeli brutally stamped out the thought. No way.
    Absolutely no way.

Matt had fallen asleep, that was all.
    She picked up a nearby book, and began to read. Even though her eyes were following the words, her mind could barely comprehend the text.
    “What if it’s true?” She thought aloud, her worried eyes glancing over her roommate.
    “What?”
    “Oh! You’re still awake!”
    “Haha... I’ve been really...tired lately.”
    “I won’t disturb you then. Go sleep.”
    “No. Laeli, I...” Matt opened his eyes, turning so that they faced Laeli’s. “Talk... talk with me, please?”
    She paused, a little surprised at the oddness of the question.
    “Alright. What do you want to talk about?”
    “Any...anything.”

Laeli couldn’t find the heart in her to refuse Matt’s request, not when he was looking so worn out and so tired, barely conscious. She talked.

“I read a few more books on snow. Did you know...”

She continued to talk, with Matt nodding at times, and giving a short laugh at others. For some reason, the words came easily, and Laeli found no shortage of things to speak about. Her audience was quiet, attentive, and seemed extremely focused on the words she were saying. Even though Matt looked as though he could be blown away by a slight gust of wind, his eyes were full of his normal energy as he watched Laeli speak.

“Ah, I’ve talked a lot.”
    “No... it was fun to...listen to.”
    “Hmm, Matt, what time is it now?”

There was another uncomfortable pause.

“...time?” He turned to stare at her, as if not recognizing her face.
    “Matt!”
    “Hm? O-oh, sorry, Laeli. Were you saying something?”
    “Just asking for the time, but its fine.”
    “Sorry about that... I can’t seem to concentrate any more... e-everything’s in a haze.”

Matt covered his eyes with an arm, hiding his eyes.

“Maybe I’m at my end...” As he spoke, Laeli heard the slightest quiver in the sound. “Maybe I...”
    “No. Don’t say that!” The words were louder then she had expected. “Please, don’t say that...”
    “Well... if the princess orders it, I... I can’t kick t-the bucket yet, huh?”

Silence fell again, but the piano kept singing its never-ending melody in the background.
    Laeli scowled. It sounded so sad... so different from what she had first thought.

So ended day 6.
    amy.loves.coco22
    amy.loves.coco22

Day 6. Haze Empty Re: Day 6. Haze

Post by amy.loves.coco22 September 7th 2011, 8:55 pm

hey u writing story? Yo yo!
    Ketchup Girl
    Ketchup Girl
    Master
    Master

Awesome Level : 1

Post by Ketchup Girl September 8th 2011, 9:31 am

(... REALIZATION DAWNS.)
    amy.loves.coco22
    amy.loves.coco22

Post by amy.loves.coco22 September 8th 2011, 4:44 pm

heh every time i see DAWNS i think of breaking dawn...... MONS, I KNOW ASSOCIATE U WITH TWILIGHT Want a piece of me?
    Ketchup Girl
    Ketchup Girl
    Master
    Master

Awesome Level : 1

Post by Ketchup Girl September 8th 2011, 5:05 pm

I am NOT OFFENDED, for I am too busy laughing at how you said "KNOW" instead of "NOW"! And also I am laughing at you for still consciously thinking about that pile of Twilight that is Twilight! And also I am laughing because I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY GOTTEN YOU TO STOP CALLING ME "MOANS" IF EVEN IN JUST ONE POST, AND THEREFORE I WAS SUCCESSFUL AND WILL SOON GO ON TO GREATER SUCCESSES, SUCH AS RULING THE WORLD AND PUTTING YOU IN A DUNGEON! SO I AM THE ONE LAUGHING AT YOU, AMANDUH! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
    Sophie
    Sophie

Post by Sophie September 8th 2011, 5:53 pm

Wow, you guys.

Day 6. Haze 250319431

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 5:41 am